CALL FOR PAPERS ON ZOONOTIC DISEASES IN SOUTH-EAST ASIA
The journal ScienceAsia (www.scienceasia.org) - a SCI international peer-reviewed journal published by the Science Society of Thailand under Royal Patronage - is considering papers for publication of a special issue on “Zoonotic diseases in South East Asia”. The issue is planned to be launched at the Prince Mahidol Award Conference 2013, the 1st Global Conference on Regional Disease Surveillance Networks, the 2nd International One Health Congress, in Bangkok, from 29 January–2 February 2013.
The South East Asia (SEA) region is considered as a hot spot for emerging zoonotic diseases (EZD) that could present serious socio-economic, environmental and development consequences. Due to the complex nature of disease emergence and control, the region needs to have good access to information on the diseases, and strong capacity to respond to future EZD challenges. However, when looking at the literature, it is not easy to find information in a systematic way on the status of zoonotic diseases in SEA, in particular in individual countries. One of the reasons is that many studies on zoonotic diseases have been published in local languages, for example the case of Vietnam, and therefore are not accessible for international readers.
The objective of this special issue is to publish a series of papers on the above mentioned topic. Papers related to zoonoses in the region, covering original data of zoonoses, surveillance, diagnosis, control, review, debate, view point, networking etc will be welcomed. It is hoped that the papers gathered in this issue will constitute a comprehensive documentation on the zonoones in SEA, which allows an open and broad access to the audience interested in this topic.
People interested in this call for papers are invited to submit papers for the peer-reviewed process. The general guideline for authors of ScienceAsia can be viewed at www.scienceasia.org/instruction_authors.php. The submission deadline for this special issue is on 1st September 2012.
Professor Worachart Sirawaraporn
ScienceAsia, Editor in Chief
c/o Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, Mahidol University
Rama VI Rd., Bangkok 10400, Thailand
Tel: (+66)-2-201 5606
Dr. Nguyen Viet Hung
Center for Public Health and Ecosystem Research (CENPHER)
Hanoi School of Public Health
138 Giang Vo, Ba Dinh, Hanoi, Vietnam
Tel: (+84) 4.62733162, F: (+84) 4.62733172
- Forum on rehabilitation for victims of Agent Orange/dioxin
- Training course on enhancing leadership and management capacity for HIV/AIDS prevention officials
- Rehabilitation project organized in-depth specialized training for provincial-level rehabilitation officers in northern region.
- The seminar on employment information for K11 students
- Open master course on Hospital Management in Dong Thap
- COURSE ON DATA ANALYSIS
- COURSE ON THE MANAGEMENT OF HOSPITAL FINANCE
- The Hanoi School of Public Health signed cooperation agreement with The United Nations University of Malaysia
- September 2012 Highlight Ne
- Workshop of “The demand of education and research on psychological /physical aspects in disaster”