Consultation workshop on “Status of management for maternal healthcare services in Vietnam”
On 12th March 2012, a consultation workshop on “Status of management for maternal healthcare services in Vietnam” was held at the Hanoi School of Public Health (HSPH). Participants of the workshop were representatives from domestic and international organizations, Mr. Nguyen Van Tan, Deputy Director of the General Office of Population, Mr. Nguyen Duy Khe, Director of Maternal and Children Health care Department, Mr. Nguyen Dinh Loa, former Director of Maternal and Children Health care Department, experts and policy makers in the health sector in Vietnam and the research group at HSPH. This research was a part of the HESVIC project, a 3 year project in Vietnam, India and China, funded by the 7th Framework program of the European Commission. The workshop aimed to receive comments from experts to finalize the research report.
The research was conducted by Hanoi school of Public health in Vietnam to investigate the implementation of some regulations on maternal and reproductive health to give recommendations on enhancing the access to high quality maternal healthcare services. The research also focused on maternal health as a case study to assess and compare the management of maternal healthcare services among these 3 target countries. The focused research fields included obstetric emergency cases, prenatal care and denunciation cases. Based on the findings, regulations on the management procedures in these 3 countries would be reviewed with the focus on equality in maternal health care services. Then short-comings and recommendations would be identified to improve the development of regulations on the management procedures.
At the workshop, participants contributed valuable opinions on how to best use the research findings.
Besides, useful comments were given to improve the quality of the report.
(By Biên Thùy)
- Forum on rehabilitation for victims of Agent Orange/dioxin
- Training course on enhancing leadership and management capacity for HIV/AIDS prevention officials
- Rehabilitation project organized in-depth specialized training for provincial-level rehabilitation officers in northern region.
- The seminar on employment information for K11 students
- Open master course on Hospital Management in Dong Thap
- COURSE ON DATA ANALYSIS
- COURSE ON THE MANAGEMENT OF HOSPITAL FINANCE
- The Hanoi School of Public Health signed cooperation agreement with The United Nations University of Malaysia
- September 2012 Highlight Ne
- Workshop of “The demand of education and research on psychological /physical aspects in disaster”